A spam email is being received across campus containing the following information:
Subject:Erin Van Wieren has shared a document on Google Docs with you
This email was not from the GRCC IT Department. This is a spam and must be deleted immediately from both your inbox and trash. If you already clicked on the link within the email, please change your email password. Also, similar emails may be generated using different contacts if someone clicks the link within this email. If you receive any suspicious emails that say someone has shared a document on Google Docs with you, please reach out to the person to make sure that it is not spam.
- Information Technology will never ask for your password.
- Do not open unexpected messages from an unknown sender.
- Do not click links or download any attachments from any suspect messages.
- Do not use your work email address for mailing lists.
Tips for identifying spam messages:
- Check for grammar and spelling errors
- Check the sender email address, if unknown do not trust it
- Beware of urgent or threatening language
- Do not trust the header or signature of the email
- Message is requesting personal information
- You’re asked to send money
If you see any suspect messages please immediately report them to the IT Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 234-4357(HELP).
Any future updates will be posted at: www.grcc.edu/status