Information Technology Notification: Spam Email
Subject: I.T Service Account Update
From: Sophie Ling <jling>
Partial Body Message: “Hello User
We have currently upgraded our Server to 50GB inbox space. Please log-in to your user account to validate E-space. Your emails won’t be delivered by our server, unless email account is confirmed. protecting your email account is our primary concern,for account update.”
This email was not from the GRCC IT Department. This is a spam and must be deleted immediately from both your inbox and trash.
- Information Technology will never ask for your password.
- Do not open unexpected messages from an unknown sender.
- Do not click links or download any attachments from any suspect messages.
- Do not use your work email address for mailing lists.
Tips for identifying spam messages:
- Check for grammar and spelling errors
- Check the sender email address, if unknown do not trust it
- Beware of urgent or threatening language
- Do not trust the header or signature of the email
- Message is requesting personal information
- You’re asked to send money
If you see any suspect messages please immediately report them to the Information Technology Support Desk at ithelp or by calling 234-4357(HELP).
Any future updates will be posted at: www.grcc.edu/status