The GRCC staff and faculty email (GroupWise) will be upgrading to a new version on Thursday, November 28th 2013. The GroupWise email will not be available from 10 P.M. on Thursday, November 28th until Saturday, November 30th at 12 P.M.
What this means to you:
– All existing emails (including archived messages, calendar items, reminder notes, etc.) will be saved. You will not lose messages during this transition.
What you need to be aware of after the transition:
– The Web version of GroupWise (mail.grcc.edu) will have a new look and contain more features.
– If you’re currently utilizing GWMC to sync email with your phone, you should not have to change any of your phone settings.
– If you have a rule to automatically forward your GRCC GroupWise email to other email account, this will cease to function. Global forwarding will not be available in the new version.
– Your GroupWise email client (the one installed on your GRCC computer) will need to be upgraded. You will be able to update your software beginning December 1st 2013 by going to Application Explorer and running the update while on campus. (The existing version on your computer will still work until you update.)
– Mac users do not need to upgrade to a new version of GroupWise; they are already up to date.
We appreciate your patience during this upgrade. If you have any questions regarding this, please call the IT Customer Support Help Desk at 234-HELP (4357).
Thank you for your understanding.